• The purple trout print is inspired by the rainbow trout, which is found in the cold-water tributaries of the Pacific, in Asia and North America.
• Populations of many rainbow trout subspecies have declined in their native ranges due to over-harvest, habitat loss, disease, invasive species, pollution.
• They have been commercially farmed in many countries throughout the world since the 19th century.
• Rainbow trout is popular in Western cuisine; both wild-caught and farmed fish are eaten.
• Rainbows always try to return to spawn in the same part of the river that they were hatched.
• The definition of being an ambitious person is a strong desire to do something, even in the face of hard work.
• The Purple Trout print is dedicated to ‘Ambitious personalities’, inspired by the Rainbow Trout.